Thread: Travel Apps
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 08:26 PM   #15
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronpete730@gmail.com View Post
You’ll find a “more” option at the bottom of the RV Life app screen. After selecting “more” you’ll see an “offline storage option. Select that and you can choose which states to download.
For your other question on routing - once you’ve selected you destination, you’re given a screen that allows you to route “ match planned trip route exactly”.
I plan with RV Trip Wizard. I don't use RV Life app. On the road I use an RV specific Garmin GPS. I don't need internet for the Garmin, although if it's available it will use it for some extra functionality.
I just tried the app, and it is obvious it is only downloading campground info for it's affiliated sites. It isn't downloading map data which would more than fill my phone.
Destination? I have hundreds of destinations.
I think as a full timer I use these tools differently than a weekender. In order to plot safe RV routes you need a large company's resources like Garmin with thousands of employees constantly updating the map and routing data. the small handful at RVLife do not have a chance in hell of maintaining all the map and routing data. They most likely rely on a 3rd party for most if not all the data and those sources are a shadow of what Garmin does.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote