View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 02:46 PM   #16
GreG L.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21993
Everything listed above should be checked and cared for on a regular basis, but for me the most important thing is making sure that moving down the road at speed is not an issue.
I focus on the suspension. To me, it's the one thing that has the most chance of causing serious damage to equipment or life. I pay the most attention to:

Tires, PSI each morning through a TPMS, this includes the truck. Over 30,000 miles on this trailer with no issues until last year on the way back to FL and I can now say that my TPMS saved me thousands of dollars and who knows what else, when a tire goes at 60 mph it's good to know right away.

Wheel bearings, since we move back and forth between FL and CA each year, I grease them before each trip, that way I know the small trips in-between are good to go. As for having them pulled and repacked, I had that done at about 20,000 miles and was told they looked like new.

Wet bolts, I grease them at the same time as the wheel bearings. I have in my younger days, had a spring shackle come apart and drive the spring through the floor board, so I visually check the welds when I grease them.

The best thing I did to support the above was to buy a VIAIR 45053 compressor, I have used it more than any other tool I have.
GreG L. is offline   Reply With Quote