Thread: go big or not
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 06:15 PM   #26
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Csillag View Post
We purchased a 2016 Montana High Country 370 BR which has two bedrooms. We have a adult disabled daughter that lives with us full time. The fifth wheel is 41' and very easy to tow and back in to the sites IMHO. If it wasn't for our daughter I would have bought something around 35'. It's harder to find state parks and national parks to fit our 41' rig compared to a 33'-35' rig. Then you camp outside of the parks and drive in. It makes for a longer day is all. Also to consider is some states limit the over length of your trailer as well as the combined length. AAA has a chart for every state and lists some good info that is helpful.
Best of luck to you.
I bought a 2017 HC 370BR. I had thoughts of removing two of the drawers to make a desk and have an office. My wife has oil paints, watercolors, her sewing machine, and tons and tons of crafts in there instead. During evacuation for Florence my daughter spent the week with us and it was great she had privacy as well. Grandsons are 16, we stopped asking if there was anywhere in the US they wanted to go. They did spend ONE night in the 5er.
We just returned today after 3 months in FL. We went to this from a 35' 5er and have never looked back. We spend about 6 months in it every year!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote