View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 05:14 PM   #20
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
so simPle but so diFficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
While I don't blame Lippert either, I'm not for sure how much of it is Keystone's "fault" either.

The reason that I say that is that we as customers like these floorplans. While you can argue that customers don't have any responsibility in the design, once we start buying floorplans that have features like the front slides, it become harder for the manufacturers to design around it. If they do NOT offer those floorplans, they lose sales.

At the end of the day, one thing that I think that we can 100% agree on is that it is NOT a good design to put a SQUARE hole in the middle of a high stress area.

My wife and I are in the market for a new unit, probably SOB. I've watched quite a few videos on different builds, and frame designs, and one thing that I don't think is a great design either is the drop frame. Again, we as customers all LOVE our drop frames, and it's what we've demanded from the manufacturers. That "drop" design makes the lever arm on that problematic square hole front slide 10-12" longer, which makes the stress even greater.

So, as long as we as customers "demand" this stuff, the manufacturers are in a tough spot, IMHO...
Nah.... just beef up the areas of concern. I all works sitting still but when it starts to move it falls apart. Have you ever seen a car carrier going down the road full of cars, the frame moves up and down do you think they have not identified the weak points in the frame and strengthened those areas early on in the original design. . I guaranty the people that make their living hauling cars would not buy the brand trailer that breaks from nothing more than moving down the road. If I were Lippert I would insist that they be allowed corrected this issue as it gives Lippert a bad name not Keystone.
Some day this will come to roost and the powers that be will fix it but not until people stop putting up with it and quit buying the junk. Yeh, like that`s going to happen.
My camper costs now some where around $100,000 dollars and $ 300.00 dollars worth of metal and labor isn`t worth it correcting this? I`ll pay $100,300.00 any day, ask anyone that this has happened to. Like me......
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote