View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 01:37 PM   #36
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by planecrashlaw@yahoo.com View Post
We are about to pull the trigger on the 3121. The slide out kitchen is not optimal, since I use a gas BBQ almost every day of the 90 a year we camp, and the stovetop is fairly useless. But I like the fridge and the decent counter and storage space for staging everything I need while cooking.

Offer and actual grill I that space and I’m sold. Otherwise, it looks like an $1800, space killing option which will require a factory order. And I that case I would be better off buying a good folding table and grill and using the quick connect.

However, I was wondering if I could remove the cooktop from its slide and just use that space as a table top to support a high end removable tabletop BBQ which utilizes the same gas line left over from the cooktop?

Does anyone who has one of these see any potential in my idea?
We ordered the Super Solar Flex package, which takes up significant space in the main storage bay. So, in the end we opted out of the exterior slide out kitchen.

However, one thing I looked at for that slide out kitchen is to replace the factory stove with the Sidekick system from Camp Chef.
https://www.campchef.com/sidekick.html

Here's the beauty of the system: it starts with a single large burner that comes with a griddle, so it's like having both a burner and blackstone out of the box. But, ALSO you can add a BBQ box and a pizza oven! And, it is compatible with the camp chef RV connection hose.

How does that fit for you? It looks like the measurements would be really close to being able to just replace the factory slide out stove. So, even though the Sidekick is designed to attach to a camp chef grill, I was thinking you might attach the slide hardware from the factory stove and fit it in the same spot.

If this is of interest, please let us know if the measurements work out, and what you think.

hth, thanks!
Brad