Thread: Anderson hitch
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 10:45 AM   #31
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
Sorry Scott, but you are misunderstanding the memo and its implications.

There was a virtual rally in early 2021, where Sam Lengeritch the Product Manager from Montana confirmed that the warranty was changing and that products like the AUH, along with the Pullrite Superlite, and all other hitches that attached any kind of adapter to the pinbox would no longer receive warranty coverage if there was damage to the frame, with the exception of the Reese Goosebox (which is what I now paid to switch over to)
The memo from March confirms this.

To be very clear, I confirmed with Sam that the "gooseneck adapter" is describing the included part of the AUH that attaches to the pinbox. The language in the memo makes that clear, calling it "Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection Goose Neck Adapter". Anderson does have a "Ranch Hitch" that is a long "gooseneck adapter" style, which many companies have made a similar style for years. That is not what is described here.
I emailed Sam directly because I intended to use my AUH from my prior rig, and he definitely confirmed that the AUH would void the warranty from LCI.

To be clear - Any hitch that requires any kind of adapter to be attached to the pinbox will void the warranty. This quote from the memo "We approached LCI and were informed that it has not, and it will not, honor or pay any warranty claims for damage to the front end frame/structure or any parts or components of any fifth wheel, when a fifth wheel is being used with any goose neck adapter, with the exception of the “Reese Goose Box”". (my emphasis added)

I would caution anyone still wanting to use the AUH to read the memo and speak to your dealer or Keystone support directly. I would not want anyone to believe that they can still use the AUH and think they would have warranty coverage for frame issues. They won't.

BTW, I still think it's a great hitch, just know your risks.

Brad
Question regarding this clarification: "and all other hitches that attached any kind of adapter"
It would seem that would then include the capture plate that is used with the Pullrite auto slider hitches.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote