View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 09:09 AM   #44
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsHemi View Post
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...1&d=1640561404

New style date code, I’m pretty sure the first two numbers are the year -1 and the next 3 numbers are days. Instead of the plant being the first it looks like they moved it to the middle. If this is correct then this jug was manufactured on 11/12/21.
I haven't bought a box yet ,with that code. The old code was usually GA to start , then the year plus 1, so anything with 22 was manufactured in 21. The next three numbers are the days "REMAINING" in the year . The rest of the numbers are the batch code . I got this explanation by calling ,and talking to someone at Peak .

I bought a jug of Peak Blue a couple days ago at Walmart ,not sure if this is the new trend, but there was "NO" date code to be found on the box. It had the Walmart sticker on it , and a date of 12/20/21 . I asked the guy at the auto section there about the sticker , he said that's when they receive it at their warehouse, the sticker goes on it . I had to assume it was not very old from the manufacturer , plus its the newer style box , where the top of the jug is visible , and you see the spout that comes with it. You can actually carry the box by the handle on the jug .

I also asked the guy at the counter about their DEF ,and he said we usually had a hard time keeping it on the shelve ,although they did have several boxes ,with that recent 12/20/21 sticker on it .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote