Thread: Macerator Pump
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 10:27 PM   #6
firestation12
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24588
I was once a user of the Flojet pump, til one day after a weekend trip with the grandchildren. Back at home, the pump out seemed to be going normal, but after 5 minutes, the pump sound (accelerating) indicating the black tank was empty, never happened. I turned the pump off and checked the black tank indicator which looked like the black tank was still full. Hmmmm. Finding no indications of the unusual circumstance, I turned the power switch to on. I now pause to tell you what caused the emptying to prematurely stop. On the camping trip, the girls had made liberal use of "flushable wet wipes" on the shelf adjacent the toilet. The wipes had twisted around the pump impeller forming a 3"x4" cylindrical plug. The impeller only was able to continue turning due to the torque it attained previous to the acquisition of the wet wipes. However, when the pump was turned on for the second time, the physic's law of equal and opposite action took over and the pump spun loose, dropped to the ground and began slinging those wet wipes amidst a 3" brown stream of ____________(you fill in the blank) flowing liberally. Later, I checked, Flowjet's included instruction booklet. Other than this thing causes cancer in California, there is nothing to forewarn the user of something like this. So, you have been warned. I thought of suing the manufacturer for using the term "flushable", surely a jury of my peers would convict. That was 10 years ago, the marriage survived to eclipse 50 years. Once in a while someone has to post a question about Flojet pumps....are they good, which opens a still festering wound. Are Flowjet pumps good? Yes, but not fool proof.
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote