View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 06:12 PM   #6
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I have four generators an Onan. It’s broke for the second time in 70 hours. I know they aren’t all like this one. I just got a bad one. The other three: a 2000 watt Predator a 3000 watt Honda and a 3500 watt Predator. My Honda is older than I can remember. I paid a $1000 for it so you an figure how old it is. I had to replace the battery twice and rebuilt the carburetor once. Even though it doesn’t have many hours on it it’s been a great unit. The Predators are new so I don’t have much to go on. I have read more than a thousand reviews probably over two thousand. What I have found, almost all give great service. A few do give problems. I also found some with thousands of hours on them, one thousand, two thousand several with 5000 hours and one family that lived off grid and ran their 3500 watt Predator 7 years 16 or 18 hours a day for 42,000 hours. I have read all the Honda 2200 watt reviews and found about the same thing there. The difference is there is no your meter on the Honda. Out of I think a few less than 300 reviews they were all very positive except for the last 40 or so. Honda had a lot of we are sorry we will contact you. Another difference in the companies Honda has a 3 year warranty and will fix your generator if you have a problem. Harbor Freight has a 6 month warranty that can be extended to two extra years for about $150. If you have a problem even if you are reasonably out of warranty they give you a new unit without question.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote