View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 02:46 PM   #9
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
We are currently in Liberty Harbor RV Park in Jersey City, directly across from Manhattan NY.
We came down i95 from Boston. As soon as we crossed into NY the roads got bad. They got really bad after we passed the i295 interchange.
Then you start seeing signs "All trucks left lanes Upper deck". Right lane cars only 8'.
We got in the left lane, then as you got closer to the George Washington Bridge, there's a sign left lane 12'3". SO we had to push our way over into the center lane.
BTW, this was ALL done at WALKING speed.
Good thing too because the pot holes were like driving through trenches.
After you cross over the bridge get into the EXPRESS lane for NJ Turnpike.
When we arrived the clothes in the closet were on the floor. NO, the rod did not break, I reinforced that when we first bought the rig. They actually bounced off the hangers and hanger bounced off the rod!!!
This has never happened to us before.
Like I mentioned in a previous post above, we normally go way far around NY. Usually we stay at Round Pond Army FamCamp near West Point.
Liberty Harbor RV park is basically a gravel parking lot. I was able to back in easily and I'm terrible at backing up. This is a Great location to tour downtown NY. Subway stop to World Trade Center is 5 blocks from the RV park.
Today we did World Trade One tour. No crowds, walked right in (Sunday). Tomorrow 6 hour guided tour, Wednesday Statue of Liberty tour.
This will probably be our only time staying here.
The traffic and the roads are really stressful.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote