View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 06:57 AM   #5
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
SLB,
If your 12v battery switch (labeled Battery Disconnect") in the convenience center is off the 12v trigger circuit on the inverter isn't powered. The inverter will still read the battery voltage from the batteries (and display it) but it will not invert until there is 12v on the trigger (small orange wire that goes into the inverter). Inverter powers the fridge and the marked outlets in your rig.

I went thru this with my 2021 3121RL also. I think the purpose of the trigger is to make sure when you unplug and turn the battery switch off - that all is off. Unfortunately not exactly true, the 12v switch in the battery compartment that feeds the inverter also needs to be turned off (even though the inverter won't work w/o the battery disconnect on) because even sitting doing nothing the inverter uses battery. There are also other cicuits that are fed off the batteries that don't disconnect when the battery disconnect is off. I intend to add a disconnect at the batteries that kills everything powered by 12v.

Lastly, the label on the Battery Disconnect key is not removable when in the On position (On meaning allowing power to flow).
RipNC is offline   Reply With Quote