View Single Post
Old 07-30-2023, 09:58 PM   #52
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Even with the non-flow thru sensors you better have all metal stems. I couldn't get all metal and accepted "Heavy Duty Rubber/Metal" stems and have had two fail so far. Plan to find a place that can install all metal before traveling again in the Spring.
I have a 2012 Silverado 3500HD dually with the polished aluminum wheels.
I decided to install the TST 507 flow throughs on it (back in 2014). I knew I needed metal valve stems and that's when I realized local tire shops didn't have a clue. So I decided to do my own research on which metal valve stems would be the best for my aluminum wheels. After much research I installed the Haltek Enkie valves. They are a bolt on metal valve stem. They have 2 rubber grommets. One seals against the outside of the rim and the other seals against the inside of the rim. They have 2 nuts on the inside. One to secure the valve stem and the second is a lock nut to keep it from loosening up. Just make sure the tire shop installs them the right way. Not to over torque them and crush/ deform the seals and make sure they install the second lock nut.
I've gotten so fed up with the incompetence of tire shops, from damaging my wheels to having to make appointments to get flats fixed, that I bought my own tire machine and wheel balancer off eBay. Now I mount, balance and fix my own flats. I don't have worry about damaged wheels or making appoints and waiting hours. I do it all my self. No aggravation and I know it's done right.
Here is a link to the Haltek Enkie valves that I use. I haven't had a failure in the 9+ years I have been using them on my TV and 5th wheel. Just make sure you change them out when you get new tires.

https://www.haltec.com/pc/Einky-Valves-c255.htm