View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 08:44 PM   #68
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidwellfarms View Post
We stayed at West Glacier KOA in 2018 and really enjoyed it. I recommend changing campgrounds. RVing can be stressful enough without adding these type of unknowns.

David Tidwell

We have stayed there before however it is already books all summer for 40'+ It is also a very expensive KOA, This new Park is walking distance to the village the river and short bike ride to the lake.

Location, Location, Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdphotos View Post
That bridge has been there many years. anyone going on the east side of Glacier has to either go under it or you can go around by a few miles. I have done both. if your coming from the east no problem. if you dont want to measure, go around.
That bridge only accesses the Highway to the Sun road which you would NEVER take and 5er/RV over you might be mistaken. The main Road used to go East/West is to the south. The only real commercial that goes under that bridge is for the small village on the other side of the bridge.

What I have done is I bought a Magnetic spring antenna, I will adhere a metal plate to the roof, I Cut the antenna coax/wire off the antenna base and cut the antenna to 1" above the A/C it is located near the front so my wife can look out the sunroof of the truck and see the antenna as I go under bridges, trees and other objects. Being magnetic I can quickly put it on and take off as needed.

Look driving around is an option however a very last option as I have full body paint and the roundabout way is 36 miles of which is 10 miles of washboard/potholed gravel road so it wold be a long 36 miles with potential for paint chips/damage.

My gut tells me I will be fine. I re-measured today with the new truck (2019 Ram 3500) and I got the height down to 13'4.75".

I have already booked the RV park and will get there one way or another
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote