View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
I think you will be fine. It is hard to answer the question because there are other factors in play. How cold will it be? How long will the sub freezing temps last? Is you line protected at all?

In any case, I would not worry about Chama in October. We live at a higher elevation and I'm not worried. If you just wrap any type of insulation (foam pipe insulation at HD or Lowes is inexpensive) around the fresh water hose, it will be ok. The pipes in your trailer should be ok until there is a real hard freeze. We have camped at 10k+ for a couple days when the temps got into the 20's and did not have any problems with plumbing; and that unit was not four season prepped (did not have hook ups; a fresh water line would need a little protection).

If it gets real cold, use the trick we used in Alaska: Leave just a trickle of water running and your fresh water hose should not freeze. Of course, don't fill up your holding tank.

If you are really worried, you could get one of these; but I would save my money.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-22900-T...ing+water+hose

PS: I just spent a week in San Marcos flying relief missions for the hurricane; it was so hot and humid I thought I was going to die! I was dreaming of snow and could not wait to get back to the Rockies!
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote