View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 08:11 AM   #15
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirvin0500 View Post
... Our issues were it was noisy, always smelled of diesel (duh), and was costly to maintain. For instance, an oil change (which included fuel filters) cost $140 vs. $30 for a gasser, two batteries to maintain and replace, etc. I completely understand torque/power. ....
Good to hear that these are some of your issues with diesel.
1) New diesels are no longer noisy. While probably louder than a gasser, they are not obnoxious like they were in the past. My wife and I were just commenting the other day that we went thru the drive through and ordered wiThout shutting off the truck. We and they could hear just fine. NOISE GONE ON NEW DIESELS!!!
2) The ONLY time that you will smell diesel on these new trucks is when you fuel them. They do NOT smoke. I've heard it said, that the air coming out of the tailpipe on a new diesel is cleaner than the air going in. Don't know about that, but there is NO smell out of the tailpipe for sure. THE DIESEL SMELL AND SMOKE IS GONE WITH THE NEW DIESELS
3) You are correct about maintenance, and things like the batteries. However, all of that is made up for in the towing experience. There's a reason that over the road trucks don't have gas motors...