View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 01:34 PM   #56
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
We live in Canada, but have travelled extensively in the U.S. We have wintered in Florida for the past twelve winters. Of course the border is now closed, so we will camp in our own province.

I would like to get some information from people around the U.S. as to how things are going with regards to the pandemic. Are people taking it seriously? Are they social distancing? Are people wearing masks?

I have been in touch with someone I know in Florida and she tells me things are business as usual down there, with no one paying it much attention. This is a state which is the epicenter of the country for the virus!

I don't want any political discussions. I just want to know how things really are. We get the news up here, but I just would like to know what the people are saying, not just the journalists. One article I read stated "Not only is the genie out of the bottle, there is no longer bottle"! Are things as bad as they say? Do any of you know anyone who got the virus, and maybe even someone who died from it?
I am not at all sure the border will be open this fall. I have not heard a credible report of a vaccine being ready before mid-June next year and that is 5 years early.We now have plan B, plan C, and plan D. Our original plan was a 365 day tour of west coast to Nfld to Jacksonville to the US SW and up the coast to home. The departure for that was July 2021. Plan B was a May departure across Canada as far as Nfld and back with no US part but the east coast bubble negates that. Then we were looking at Yukon and northern BC. I just found out the Yukon border was closed until recently and travel within BC was also banned until recently. A second wave will likely bring those restrictions again so we wait and see. Good luck.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote