View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 01:37 AM   #19
iterot

M.O.C. #21754
I apologize for bump an old topic from the dead, just have a few interesting observations from personal experience, maybe someone will need this information in the future.If the TPMS system comes with a signal booster, install it even if you think you won't need it. It is better to have the best signal possible when towing and not wonder. Specially if you are monitoring a spare tire with a rear mount such as the bumper mount.

TireMinder currently has a free battery and O-ring exchange program through 2022. You can get new batteries and o-rings for the battery cover/cap each year for all the sensors you have with your system.

The system I have is the TM66 sold by CampingWorld which is the same as the A1A TireMinder system https://mechanicguides.com/best-tire-pressure-systems/ I monitor 12 tire sensors since my DRW truck does not have a factory TPMS system. I have sensors on my truck and trailer spare tires to avoid crawling under either to check them with a gauge.

I considered the smartphone upgrade to the TireMinder but for now, I am satisfied with the independent TPMS monitor. A TPMS system is well worth the investment. I can check the tire pressures prior to a trip even if the trip is around town or on the next adventure towing the trailer.

I did have the TPMS save my butt last september when one of the metal valve stem nuts worked loose and lost enough pressure to set off the alarm. I was able to put over on the interstate and tighten the nut. Since the pressure loss was minimal and only enough to set off the alarm, I proceed to the next exit to pump up the tire.
iterot is offline   Reply With Quote