View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 04:36 PM   #6
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbob62 View Post
I have a 2022 Montana 3855BR equipped with a solar panel. My batteries are fully charged yet I am getting an E01 code on my inverter display. Obviously the inverter outlets won’t work. Right? What is the issue here? Any suggestions?
If you are getting E01, then your batteries are dead. If they are lead acid, then this is not unusual with heavy use. The solution is to use the Lithium battery solar systems designed to work with. Another possibility is dropping your voltage to the 10.5 dead level, either very thin wires from the inverter to the battery or a high resistance connection. The first thing I did with my original unit was buy proper 4/0 welding cable, marine lugs, and double layer with glue heat shrink. Then I bought a hydraulic crimper. Sometime later, the batteries were replaced with 600AH of LiFePO4 Battle Born batteries, a total Victron system, and now I can boondock all I want. Depending on boondocking requirements, between 4 and 6 200W panels. And lastly TOTALLY disconnect the built in converter or you are throwing away power.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote