View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 07:56 AM   #17
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by psomers View Post
I don't have any frayed darco now but will keep this thread in case I do. Chuck I think your choice of repair is a good one. Very good explanation. I do have one question concerning your post #9. The fellow that used the white UHMW and slide it between slide bottom and wear strip, wouldn't that cause the slide to not be level with floor and be high the thickness of the UHMW?
Nope... the thickness of the UHMW ( depending on what a fella chooses ) isnt gonna amount to much... at .0125 (1/8) thickness it made zero difference on my slide out Darco bottom with the slide out slightly pulled in and then viewing across the bottom edge where Darco meets wear bar..

The Darco was nice and flat all across .. The OP that used the white material remarked about this in his post as some were concerned there would be a gap letting air and such come in under the surface... it wasnt an issue.

In my case since my ONLY wear on the Darco is at the outer edges ( about 1 1/2 inches width and not from end to end I only repaired this area.. the rest of the Darco covering shows no evidence of wear

And this slide.. as is the other main hydraulic slide is adjusted perfectly... THe ear occurred over a period of 7 years of use...

If I have additional wear in the center, etc I would have no second thoughts about installing another strip of UHMW as I did for the edge wear to cover and prevent further damage..

Ideally a full strip of UHMW on the bottom would be just super... you would never have wear issues but the OEM builders aren't gonna do this
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote