View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 11:34 PM   #9
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
[QUOTE=nsdtr3;1226358]Hi Zack,
.... When we had issues with the batteries discharging to the point where we couldn't use the jacks we realized the power on/off switch in the water valve section didn't shut all power off so we had the kill switch installed. We have always had the issue of batteries discharging even with the kill switch. Monthly I'm adding distilled water to the batteries and have to jump the batteries and start the generator to charge the batteries...... /QUOTE]
I guess I don't understand. The batteries should maintain their charge for months with a kill switch. You shouldn't have to add water to batteries that are disconnected. And with the current technology converters, you normally only need to add water ever 4 -6 months.

I think there is a problem with your batteries. How old are they and how many times have then been discharged below 50%? Perhaps testing them would determine their health.

As for lithium batteries, I don't think your 2017 converter is compatible. It will charge them but slowly and not to 100%. And I wouldn't discount the converter as the cause of your current battery problems.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote