View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 04:34 AM   #12
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Joe in Texas

It was said; "If you have a coax out on your 211 receiver, you can feed the 2nd tv via the coax cable in the rig. You will only get SD and you will only be able to watch the same channel as the main TV.'

?I have not tried this - do I need two receivers to do this?
This does work IF you have a vip211k. The 211k has a coax output in addition to the HDMI output. On my mine, I only had a single external coax connection, but it came into the cabinet under the TV to a dual coax wall plate with a short coax jumper cable between the two coax connectors. I could remove the jumper, add a new short coax cable from one of the wall plate connectors to the vip211k for sat input, connect another short coax cable from the vip211k coax output to the other wall plate connector, and that would send the TV signal from the sat box to the bedroom TV. The bedroom TV would only show what was on the living room TV, and it would be in SD, but still worked fine. We would do that to watch the 10 pm news/weather while in the bedroom. Newer Montes have a different internal coax wiring arrangement, so don't know if that would be doable or not.

I later installed a new dedicated external coax input for the sat connection to eliminate having to mess with the coax jumper. If I wanted to use park cable, I would have to disconnect the sat box and reinstall the jumper on the wall plate.

If you have a vip211z, it does not have the coax output. It does have an RCA type output that could be used for a second TV, but it would require running an RCA cable to it.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote