View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 01:31 PM   #5
Joint Venture II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30751
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurtis934 View Post
Yes, I have used one to check tire and hub temps every time we stop on a tow. Great way to see the health of things.
What kind of temps do you see for tire and hub temps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryles View Post
If you cannot do it yourself (many YouTube videos, Dexter also has a video on how to do it) I would check with a local garage. Last time I was at CW Springfield MO it's pretty tight. Maybe call them first to see how long it would be to get in. Verify exactly what they will do (pull drums, inspect brakes, clean inspect bearing/races, pack bearings, reassemble, adjust brakes, inspect/grease suspension).
Rather than just pump grease into the hub zirc.
Also verify what grease they are using. Must be on Dexter approved list.
I believe the Dexter Axle Manual is in the files section. It has everything in it.
Well I made an appointment and arrived this morning at 8am. The mechanic started work on my trailer at about 9am and were done at 11:15am. I was very surprised at how fast they completed all 4 wheel bearings. Told me bearings and brakes looked excellent. Paid the bill and left at 11;45. From a discussion with the mechanic that did the work, he pulled drums, inspected brakes, clean & inspect bearing/races, pack bearings, reassemble and verify brakes. He said the brakes are self adjusting when I back up. Towed 23 miles back to campground and shot bearing temps. LF wheel was 119*, LR wheel 142*, RF was 148* and RR was 145*. All within Dexter specs but higher on 3 wheels then I've been seeing. My normal on all 4 wheels has been 105* to 118*. Will be watching this closely.
Joint Venture II is offline   Reply With Quote