View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 01:06 PM   #8
Joint Venture II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint Venture II View Post

Well I made an appointment and arrived this morning at 8am. The mechanic started work on my trailer at about 9am and were done at 11:15am. I was very surprised at how fast they completed all 4 wheel bearings. Told me bearings and brakes looked excellent. Paid the bill and left at 11;45. From a discussion with the mechanic that did the work, he pulled drums, inspected brakes, clean & inspect bearing/races, pack bearings, reassemble and verify brakes. He said the brakes are self adjusting when I back up. Towed 23 miles back to campground and shot bearing temps. LF wheel was 119*, LR wheel 142*, RF was 148* and RR was 145*. All within Dexter specs but higher on 3 wheels then I've been seeing. My normal on all 4 wheels has been 105* to 118*. Will be watching this closely.
After towing to Ohio I stopped often to check bearing temps and never found temps to be above 112* on any bearing. After a discussion with shop foreman when I had the bearings repacked he stated very clearly that after they cooled down I would be fine. Didn't give much credance to his statement but after arriving in Ohio I have to admit, bearing temps are better then before bearings repacked. Big shout out for job well done to the shop boss.
Joint Venture II is offline   Reply With Quote