Thread: Sailun S637
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 05:56 AM   #5
jhudson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13711
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PSFORD99

The majority here seem to be pretty skeptical about the Sailun tires. Seems to be a G614 crowd .There is a thread on the fifth wheel forum on RV Net about Sailun tires , not a single negative reply, nor have I been able to find one. I have been researching these tires for awhile now . I have about year left on my G614's , and the price for new G614's are getting outrageous. Sailun will be my next tire on my fifth wheel , and at nearly 400-500 dollars per set cheaper, and getting better reviews then Goodyear has ever had.

I have said this before ,but we are paying for insurance on these Goodyear tires so when they blow up Goodyear will pay for damage to the trailer. Granted the failures seem to be less then a few years ago. I have insurance I don't need an extra $100.00 plus per tire .

Some seem skeptical that they would be hard to find if having to replace. They are available online with fast shipping if not found locally. Here in Utah I called Big O tires, and they had them in stock, and available when wanted. As this tire becomes more popular I have to think they will become even more available. Anyway the G614's are no longer the only game in town.
I agree with you. I would not pay the price for the G614's and just bought 4 Sailun S637 from Simple Tire on May 1, 2015. Shipped to my house for $710.13. That is $177.53 per tire! I too searched and could not find a negative review and made the purchase. I have traveled only 500 miles on them so far but I really do like them. Let me tell you, they are a beefy tire.

We are making a 6000 mile trip down south to Texas up to Colorado then slowly making over way back to New Hampshire. I feel much better with the Sailun S637 mounted.

By the way, all four balanced up very well. Very little weight on any of them.

I will report back with a report when we get back as we will be travelling in some very hot conditions.

Hopefully all goes well and I can tell you that I am not worried about the tires anymore.
jhudson is offline   Reply With Quote