Thread: 377 fl
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2024, 08:30 AM   #4
Zeke5977

M.O.C. #33824
377 fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Welcome to the forums! Congrats on your possible future purchase of your Montana 377FL. Those are nice trailers and you'll absolutely love it once you get acclimated to it and throw in a few personal touches and changes.

We have the 375FL which is the fore-runner of 377FL. The difference is the loft was added in the 377FL. In order to accommodate the loft, the rear was designed with a drop frame, making the rear frame lower to the ground. There is a slight difference in the design of the kitchen counter too.

Folks with the 376FL and 377FL don't complain or seem to have issues with heat or AC in the bed room. The bigger complaint is dragging the rear end on dips when driving because of the low clearance. And the bigger concern is dragging the jacks.

The other concern is to make sure there is a secondary escape route from the loft as the escape window is pretty high off the ground for kids to jump out of. (it's something you'll need to have a good plan for, IF you have kids sleeping up there).

I've never drug mine as it has the straight frame on the rear, but even with mine, I drug the jacks. I eventually raised the rear jacks by 2 inches (rebolting them higher) and I've never drug them since.

You'll love that back door. We use the back door more than the front.

We had the dealer install an awning over the back door and lights that matched the front. The buttons for the slide and lights are in the bedroom, near the door. It was the first customized change we had done to the camper. We use the back side as much or more than the front!

You'll enjoy that camper. They are an awesome and unique floor plan. You'll get lots of questions about that back door when you land at different campgrounds .... be prepared for that!
Thank you for responding. I have heard about the rear dragging possibly. We are travelers, not seasonal and as such we were not sure if this unit is too big for this.
Zeke5977 is offline   Reply With Quote