View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 10:48 AM   #5
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
The fix i used was basically a washer with the right size opening for the shaft that i drilled 3 holes equally spaced around its surface. I pop rivited this centered onto the end cap. There is a plastic spacer onnthe shaft that will need to be made thinner, but that was pretty easy. So it was easy also to pin the roller, then just take apart the support arm on the bad end cap and do what i needed to do on a ladder to install the "fix". The slide topper still works great today and i would have no doubt that i would do this again if i needed to. However, we bought a house in rio rancho, nm and the rv sits at santa fe skies while we drive back and forth between rv and house doing things to prepare to move in. Rv will go on sell as soon as we can clean, wash, and wax. I think it will be priced appropriately somewhere close to 30k given that we added 8k morryde I.S. and kodiak disc brakes as well as the step above entry stairs...as well as MCD shades throughout a couple of years ago. After 10 years of fulltiming, it is hard to leave it behind. John