View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 04:40 PM   #8
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I also have the Samsung refrigerator. I added a T valve under the slide out, in the line for the ice maker. When I start pumping the pink stuff, I simply open the valve under the slide (outside), just like the low point drain, and let the water purge until the pink stuff starts running.

I then close this valve. I then go inside the camper and disconnect the valve inside the slide out beside the refrigerator, and turn on the valve there, until pink stuff starts running, which is usually less than 4 ounces of water, since the line was completely purged under the slide out.

This is where I put the additional valve for purging outside, under the slide.

This is where I disconnect the line running to the refrigerator inside the slide and purge what little bit is still remaining.

After I've purged to this point and pink is running with no water, (again, maybe 4 ounces caught in a plastic cup), I then reconnect this thin blue hose that runs to the Ice Maker.

Now that it is hooked back up, I open this last valve again, and simply push the button under the ice maker. The last time I did that, I had to push it only 2 times and all pink was running. I then (very difficulty), pour some water over the ice cube maker pan to flush the pink stuff out of that, rinsing away the pink stuff.

In the Spring when I unwinterize, I flush all the lines with fresh water, and leave the refrigerator for last. After all the lines are flushed out, I'll open that valve again under the slide out to purge out the pink stuff up to that point. Gravity will drain everything remaining from from the ice maker, back to the valve under the slide out. Once the water is purged up to this point, I'll press the button under the ice maker to make it cycle, probably 6 or 7 times to flush it out. Dump the water from the ice bucket, and then let the ice machine run naturally for the next 2 or 3 days. I'll discard the ice that's made, and after a couple days, the ice maker is clear of all anti freeze taste.

For us, this works best. It's actually very easy, and takes only about 5 minutes to do the ice maker, once all the other lines are pumped with pink, or purged of the pink.

It sounds more complicated than it really is.

Now ... I had to winterize the washing machine this year, for the first time. THAT was a fun experience.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote