View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 05:34 PM   #16
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
Quote:
Originally Posted by gherman49 View Post
Any further advice on the GE? I assume we don’t have the button on the ice maker- haven’t looked At it yet, but need to winterize in next few days! Also, how to turn fridge off for the winter. Appreciate any advice- I’m not the best at this stuff!!!!!
No button that I could find on the GE ice maker.
I used air on the fridge line. Don't forget the water dispenser, running that with air or pink will get the lines to the fridge drained or filled with pink quickly so it will only take a few cycles to finish the ice maker.

To turn off the GE fridge, push the temperature buttons on the top of the fridge for both the freezer and the fridge at the same time and hold until the display says "off". That will turn off the unit, but the light will still light and the door ajar alarm will beep (if you store with the doors open obviously). If you want to kill the light and alarm, turn off the inverter circuit breaker on the trailer electric panel. By doing that, you can plug into shore power or use your batteries and not have to close your fridge doors every time you visit the trailer during the winter. The fridge and the 5 "inverter outlets" are powered through the inverter circuit, I'm guessing the residential fridges are all powered the same regardless of the model.
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote