View Single Post
Old 12-16-2022, 01:51 PM   #2
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
1. Check your door seals and the center flap. Good door seals keep it cooler and keep humidity out. Close a piece of paper in the door seal and try to pull it out. It should be difficult to pull out. Repeat all the way around ALL doors AND the center flap.

2. Make sure the center flap closes every time. Some drag on the bottom and it doesn't close allowing air in/out. You can adjust by removing the door hinge cover, loosen the bolts and adjusting the door so the flap closes easily.

3. On the outside access panel, locate the white rubber drain hose. Pull the white end cap out and throw it away. Take a piece of weed whacker trimmer string and run it through the hose to clear any obstructions. Heat the hose so it is pliable and bend it to fit properly on the drip tray. Reinstall the drip tray. I Wedge folded paper into the groove to keep it tight.

Make sure the rubber hose isn't anywhere near the burner chimney. Mine was stuck behind it and had burn marks on it.
ALSO look for a plastic envelope with the fridge diagram in it mounted behind the burner chimney.
You can see it in the picture.
Remove it and put it with your RV documents.
THIS IS A FIRE HAZARD I have repeatedly told Nordcold AND Keystone Montana about.
They continue to ignore this hazard!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Norcold fridge fire hazard paper next to chimney 1.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	13826  
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote