View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 03:47 PM   #6
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchief05 View Post
I am planning to install an inverter and solar panels similar to the SolarFlex 400i, perhaps expanding it to add an A/C. Also installing a 40A DC to DC charger. In the information on the Keystone site, it states that one of the components is a “2000-watt inverter w/ built-in transfer switch (up to 7 inverted outlets), second inverted loop for A/C. I presume that just wiring in the inverter at the Inverter location in the front garage, it will power the outlets. My question is if I install a 3000 watt inverter, how do I add the second loop for the A/C to that inverter. I have traced the wire that is provided for the inverter back to the shore power connection and to the electrical center in the trailer. It also goes to an electrical junction box on the left side of the coach behind the front garage wall. The inverter wire is on one side and there are 2 wires on the other side. If someone could provide a wiring diagram I would appreciate it.
A 3,000W (2,400VA) will run 1 AC. The number of hours is dependent on the number of batteries. Obviously we are talking LiFePO4 here so assuming 90% to 10% use pattern on a typical 100AH battery means 80AH per battery or 960Wh. If the AC uses 1,440Watts in steady state (more during compressor start up unless you install soft start kit) then 4 hours of 1 AC is 5,760Wh which means 6 batteries at a cost of roughly $5,000 for the batteries plus a few more thousand for inverter, proper wire, marine grade connectors, breakers, bus bar etc.
Good luck.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote