View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 08:26 AM   #10
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
I've had all three. Ford and GM has better fit and finish and I'm talking long after the initial purchase. The RAM has the ultimate drivetrain with the Aisin transmission. My RAM has 11 recalls and a couple with no fix available and the electrical system is typical Chrysler. There is no clear winner until they put the Cummins into a GM.
It's funny, I've heard this from others as well, and before 2010 I would whole heartedly agree. (I had RAMs back in the 90s and they were a great drivetrain surrounded by a crappy cab, then went to GMC).
But, I'm now on my 3rd RAM since 2012, and every time I look at the big 3 before buying again... and the reason we bought another RAM was that the fit and finish was the best, by far!
Now, the most mileage I put was about 60,000 on the one truck, but I did not find any issues with fit and finish. To be fair, though, those big doors do need adjusting over time as they can develop wind noise.

My 2013 had a lot of recalls, but my 2016 only had 3 or 4.
My 2020 has a couple recalls so far, but the big one I'm waiting on is the CP4 fuel pump replacement.

So, what fit and finish issues have you had with your RAM? I'm curious because with the new vehicle prices I expect to keep my 2020 longer this time.

Thanks!
Brad