View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 01:23 PM   #23
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
For those of you that think solar and wind is the answer, here is a must watch video that explains everything.
https://youtu.be/N-yALPEpV4w
Michael Schellenberger is a nuclear power lobbyist. So naturally he is presenting a one sided presentation of how superior nuclear is to other alternatives.

He mentions solar farms incinerating birds in the air. But that is a system that uses a very large array of mirrors to focus intense sunlight onto a pressure vessel to create steam to turn electric generators. That is not solar panels.

Be careful of a single unchallenged individual promoting an environmental savior. Especially when appealing to the sentimental side of saving wildlife. One side can be very convincing until you hear the other side.

I do believe nuclear is a good option. But of course it is not a popular option. I am all for finding the best approach to cleaning up the environment while simultaneously doing what is best for earth’s creatures including humans. But I want to hear all sides of the story and their claims and counter claims.

But this discussion has deviated to power generation rather than electric vehicles replacing ICE vehicles.