View Single Post
Old 04-01-2022, 04:10 PM   #6
Joint Venture II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30751
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Welcome to the forums and congrats on picking up a Montana to help enrich your life style. I hope you have a wonderful time with your kids and grandkids. Arriving is so sweet, departing is so painful. But that's the way it just has to be.

Happy Camping! Welcome.
When I went out to look for a large pickup camper with a slide out I located a couple that seemed ideal for "our" needs. One in particular was 11' and had 2 slide outs and weighed in at about 4400# which seemed ideal for my dually. While looking at the camper my wife was looking at FW's. From that point on pick up campers were "off the table" and FW's were on it. We started looking and asking questions, studied various forums and dealers websites trying to educate ourselves in what we wanted and the size needed to accomplish the goal. After spending about 3 months "in school" learning we stumbled onto a locally owned 2005 Keystone Montana that had been stored indoors it's whole life except when on a trip. The couple made about 9 trips with it and a couple of weekends camping locally. Pretty much been in storage for the past 6-7 years. Price was very fair and after the wife saw it I decided to buy it. He even thru in a FW hitch which I mounted in my truck and towed it to my shop to check all the systems out. Have until June it get my truck ready for towing it and have the FW all "tuned up" and ready for traveling. Looking forward to visiting all the kids (5) and grandkids (12) now. Truck should be up to it as it's spent many a trip towing my 15k boat & trailer.
Joint Venture II is offline   Reply With Quote