View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #7
glendodom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Md.FireFighter 3791RD View Post
In your winterizing intake were you suck antifreeze out of the gallon jug,there is a one way valve, take out the cone looking screen and flip it around and install it that way it pushes the valve open manually instead of the pump trying to suck it open, then hook hose to the inlet and should suck it up now faster. Had the same problem last year doing mine the first time winterizing camper . I talked to a service guy who winterizes and he said there are some valves that are to hard to suck open with the

pump. After your done flip the cone screen around for next season or the city water will shoot out of winterizing intake next time hooked to city water/campgroung water. Good luck.
Thanks, I tried that and initially thought it resolved my problem. It started sucking but at a certain point seemed to lose its prime. I could crack the low port drain valve and let a combination of air/antifreeze out and it would again start pumping but soon after closing the drain port it would again seem to lose prime. After doing this numerous times all I was doing was recirculating antifreeze.

I have antifreeze at all faucets. My main issue is not being able to get the pump to stabilize with pressure and cut off whereas in time the icemaker would cycle and finally get anti-freeze through the icemaker. This is the way I understand the process should work?

It seems like the pump itself isn't sealing off with pressure to ultimately cut off? I guess I will end up taking it to the dealer.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote