View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #17
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipermanden View Post
Sheesh, I wish I would have read this thread yesterday when we got home from our 9 week RV trip, and came back home to Tahoe where it was going to be in the 20's, so I hooked up two different hose setups to the winterizing intake only to have them leaking all over the place. Panicking, I thought now what can I do, and the wife DW comes over and says you have a sump pump in the garage, just put the antifreeze in a bucket, and push the antifreeze into the fill of the fresh tank, and use the water pump to winterize everything. Worked really well, but i had to use a few more gallons than normal doing it this way. The DW's are good for something every now and then.
I basically do it that way all the time, I put a few gals into a 5 gal bucket & pump through the winterize port. Using a small submersible that put out about 20 psi feeds the pump & overcomes the check valve & I get antifreeze to everything. I've been doing it this way for years & never an issue. A couple campers I put a hose adapter on the bypass & then toggle the valve to back feed into the tank. One camper had a gravity fill so I just pour a few gals into the tank & use the pump. It also works out running antifreeze through the pool cover pump.
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote