View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 07:40 AM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Yes, a porch / flood light. And yes, when those are on the back-side of the camper and inconsiderate, selfish, city scardie-cats leave them all night, ruining the dark and glow of a camp fire on your side of the campsite, it doesn't help you make good relationships with your camping neighbors.

We had one pull in beside us this week-end. There's only 5 campers in the entire campground right now (central Indiana) and this guy pulled in to the site right beside us. The campground has been nice and dark at night. In spite of the heavy overcast all week, there's still enough light with the moon, that once the eyes adjust, you can see every detail in the dark. The eyes are extremely sensitive once they get adjusted to the dark. And I love taking the dogs for a night walk after dark.

But this guy pulled in right beside us. Turned on all his outside lights, and then left! Comes back about 1:30 with his noisy truck, and then leaves again before day break. Friday night and Saturday night, all night, that light has been on blaring through our windows. Even with shades down, it still blares light in.

I seriously thought about running my construction workers halogen light on the top of the camper and shining it directly on his camper. But what good would that do. He's not even there.

Personally, those darn lights serve no purpose, they are not useful, and all they do is make your camping neighbors mad.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote