View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 07:51 PM   #8
Maddog
Established Member

M.O.C. #18615
Send a message via AIM to Maddog
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdan24 View Post
I am the original owner of a 2010 Montana Mountaineer 347THT with 3 hydraulic slides. A new problem just started.

The slides start out normally, bedroom first then living room almost all the way out, then the kitchen slide starts out. Then the kitchen slide will slow and stop, even though the pump motor is still running.

If I let off the switch, then try again, it still won't extend. But if I reverse and retract the bedroom slide a couple inches, then start to extend again, the slides will extend at the normal speed with no problem.

The slides all retract normally.

The hydraulic fluid is full. I have two 6 volt golf cart batteries that are fully charged. They are a little over 5 years old. I watched the voltage while the system is operating and the voltage drop is not excessive.

I regularly maintain and lube the slide gears etc. and the slides are properly adjusted.

I'm hoping someone here has experienced this problem and can shed some light on what is going on in the system. We're heading south in a few days so not the best time for this to happen!

Thanks in advance...and sorry don't know what happened to my sig info or how to get it back.

Greg
Ours is a 2016 and it does the same thing so they put rollers on the bedroom slide. If you look there, you can see him and you can go to Amazon and buy four. There’s actually a website somebody posted online and what you do is you run your slide out all the way then you put a jack under with a 4 x 4 post and a crossmember and jacket up, get under there and cut just enough space to remove the metal that it’s riding on it gets worn and then it causes problems. Putting four rollers on that slide should cure the problem.
Maddog is offline   Reply With Quote