Thread: 6 or 12 volt?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 06:50 AM   #14
Denny and Angie Miller
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19889
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Fish View Post
I had similar issues on my HC384BR with electric leveling. I ran 2 6v batteries since it was new. I also redid all the front wiring in the camper and got rid of that mess. The leveling on mine was actually on a 30amp auto reset with other loads stacked on it. I contacted Lippert and the confirmed electric spec is 50amp WIRED DIRECTLY to the battery not stacked on various loads like Keystone does. I added a 50amp marine breaker wired directly to the battery for leveling. Not one problem since with blown breaker. I also seperated all the other loads and installed a blue sea marine breaker panel with labeled and resettable breakers. Like others stated no 80amp but it sounds like you know that already.
Thanks for the reply, and being one of few to actually read all of my original post. I should have known to consider Keystone hadn't bothered to connect the system correctly. Sure enough, the circuit breaker was a 30A with numerous other loads stacked on it... I reviewed the manual and verified it should have had a 50A. I swapped in a 50A and 2 Trojan T-105's. I still have to finish modifying the new battery box vent line, and plan on building my own breaker panel complete with volt/amp meters so I can see what is actually happening.
Denny and Angie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote