View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 04:13 AM   #10
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Twindman - I did a quick bit of research on IRV2 and came across 2 solutions for “snap shades”…for price comparison to the roller shades like Carl posted.

Magneshade.com - these are attached with strong magnets and motorhome owners on IRV2 agree that they are the best, the easiest to put up and “very expensive”. The only price I saw in my short search was from a poster who stated he bought the basic 3 shades for $1200 which includes big front window + driver and passenger side windows. I will guess that much area is ~80 to 90 sf - so that would compute to $13 to $15/sf - again just my wild a$$ guess. You would need to contact them with the size of shade you need to get a real price and estimated lead time. I assume the magnets are installed on the RV by the purchaser but I am not sure. The screen shot below shows pricing for smaller motorhome side windows.

Sunguard.com - this company provides price ranges on their website - might be cheaper than Magneshade but they reference $18/sf as a guide. They have multiple attachment options - stainless steel snaps drilled into the wall or silicone-adhesive attached, twist locks drilled-in, or Velcro strips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1822.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	16808   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1823.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	16809  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote