View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 07:38 AM   #31
CalandLinda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15948
Wapwallopen, PA.

Sometimes it's a great adventure just hunting for and getting to a campground when it's more than just a few miles off your major route. And that's just what happened when we went hunting for Moyer’s Grove CG in Wapwallopen, PA. We were traveling south on I-81 and went down narrow roads in the PA countryside. Our site was a tight fit FHU under acorn trees that were dropping their acorns all night. Had the wind been blowing I dare say we would not have got much sleep. Not many RV patrons. There are lots homesteaders and seasonal users. It was clean and well-kept but not very friendly. The office store was well stocked.

There is a small brook running through to park. It has smallish trout in it. I never caught one big enough to keep for supper or a snack.

The RV size limit was 40'. I thought they were going to measure our trailer, but they took my word that it was 38'. I've backed into a lot of sites just as tight as that one was. Our trailer ladder was just a few inches from a tree.

Between the CG and the interstate, we found a very friendly country store with reasonable fuel prices, with all grades, including diesel #2.

Another advantage of coming this far off a major highway to find a campground was the rewarding views of the PA countryside during clear and warm skies. And now we can say we’ve been to another place in PA with a unique name.

https://www.moyersgrovecg.com/

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Moyer's Grove CG  - Wapwallopen, PA .JPG
Views:	43
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	11421 Click image for larger version

Name:	1a Moyer's Grove CG  - Wapwallopen, PA .JPG
Views:	53
Size:	522.3 KB
ID:	11422

Click image for larger version

Name:	1b Moyer's Grove CG  - Wapwallopen, PA .JPG