View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 07:45 AM   #11
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Thanks to all for your responses. I do pay pretty close attention to tire pressure. I run by the recommended pressure on the door post. For my truck that is 60psi front tires, 70psi rear tires when loaded & 45psi when empty. (Dodge recommends what they call light load pressure when empty to improve the ride.) Followed that religiously when I bought the truck in 09 with Michelin Highway tires on it. They wore great but with about 42K miles I went to the Michelin LTX M/S because I wanted better tread for the snow we get and the mud roads I hunt and fish. Continued to do the same pressures with the new tires. Probably did not watch them as well as I should have and had to replace them when they had about 45K That is when Michelin gave me the very generous pro rate. They did have me get the truck weighed empty and call them. Did so and the only recommendation they made was to increase the light load pressure to 50psi. About 15k into this new set I noticed the wear on both edges. Adjusted the light load pressure up to 55psi but continued to see the wear. Perhaps I should have adjusted the light load even higher but I know I can't leave it at 70psi as it will shake the fillings out of you teeth. So having said all that, for those of you who do adjust psi when empty, how much do you adjust it?