View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 10:06 AM   #51
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
I don't know, maybe I'm wired wrong, but I just don't feel entitled to a spot for my extra long RV. Often I have laughed about the shortest trailer being in the longest spot, but it does not upset me. Everybody, regardless of vehicle size, has their own wants and needs for a site. Wether it's room, privacy, view, shade, access to facilities or whatever, you have the right to pick what serves you best. I have also noticed that often the smaller rigs end up with the most people around them come the weekend. Why should you give up your nice sight for me just because I bought an over sized RV? I don't know how to persuade smaller rigs to keep to smaller spots other than charging significantly more (and by that I mean 25 or30 dollars more a nite) for the larger site. I can imagine the can of worms that would open up! I'm a big fan of the State, Federal, or COE parks having 25 or 30% of their spaces first come first serve and a 2 week limit. Again, let's push for new or renovated parks to accommodate bigger RVs and encourage camp hosts to push for removing useless barriers which impede access at the existing parks
Theunz is offline   Reply With Quote