View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022, 06:11 AM   #29
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Looking at the photo above, the slide wall is made of the same material as the sides of the main body of the camper. On mine, even the thickness of the walls are the same (measuring at the window thickness on both. With that said, here's a close up photo of what the wall really looks like. I cut this out when I installed a separate outside shower and had to cut a new hole.

Next photo are the screws and length I used to attach the outside shower compartment to the wall. These worked just fine. But I also sealed the shower box in with caulking also.

My suggestion would be to try to pump some Liquid Nails (for projects .... not the original ... the original will melt the Styrofoam, "projects" Liquid Nails wll not)... behind the portion of panel that is sagging at the seam. Push it up tight and let the Liquid Nails squish out and wipe off the excess. Then lay the trim back on it's spot and use a couple of these screws to hold it in place. Once the screws are in place, use a small dab of model car paint (Testor's") with a tiny paint brush and paint the screw heads to color match the trim.

I suggest "Testor's" modeler's paint because it comes in a bazillion colors and the bottles are really small. You don't have to buy a gallon of specialty color mixed paint at Lowe's or Home Depot at $65 a gallon for only about 4 drops of paint. Check out the hobby and craft isle at Wall Mart or any department store like that (Hobby Lobby). I keep a couple of these around for covering scratches in my wood work to cover screws I've used. It works, and blends the screws right in. They will be seen if in a prominent location, but won't look out of place this way.

Good luck.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote