Thread: Watch for Wasps
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 08:21 PM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Before we started fulltiming, we often left the rig parked for months at a time on our driveway waiting for a rare outing. Even though I tried to keep up, the rig often got spider webs from several types of spiders, mostly black widows. I'd go out at on occasional evening and hunt for the proud black widows that came out at night and killed them when I could. Eventually, I stopped the nightly hunts I wasn't finding any more spiders. Oh well, they musta left or died from hunger.

NOT! Several months later I discovered empty mud dauber nests in my front storage area. There were several "tubes" of these mud structures and lucky for me, they were empty. The babies had hatched and were gone. In the process of removing these nests, there were numerous spider carcasses... ewwww. So I got lucky enough to wait long enough for mud daubers to lay nests and remove my rig of any spiders.

Now that we full time, I pay more attention. So far, the paper wasps are only occasionally found under the eaves of the house and we haven't see any mud daubers anywhere. As for the occasional spider, we get some almost every campground we stay in as we fulltime, but at least at a frequency I can manage.

I hope I never get stung by mud daubers, or paper wasps, and no spider bites either. There's danger in small packages out there, folks.

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote