View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 06:55 AM   #15
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
The reason I purchased my dash cam, like most people who do, I wanted video evidence just in case I was involved in any incident or accident while driving or parked. I didn't want one with a screen because I wasn't interested in recording my trip and watching it on the camera screen. My main priority was mega pixel, recording quality, high capacity SD card and night recording. If I need to view any video I just connect my phone to the camera via wifi and download what I need.
IMHO, ask your self why you are buying the camera in the first place and what you want it to do. Like me, if you are buying it just in case you are involved in an accident then get a highest quality camera with the highest record quality you can afford just in case the video will be used in court or by Law enforcement to prove your case. Don't waste your money on bells and whistles you don't need or will never use..

Plus a very important thing that people don't think about when buying a dash cam is how hot it will get in you vehicle when parked. I live in Florida and my camera stays in my vehicle 24/7. It gets 120+ deg easy in my truck so I made sure what ever camera I bought it was able to handle the extreme heat of the sun beating on my windshield and camera all day.

Here's a very good buys guide to learn about dash cams and to answer any questions you might have. Once you decide what one you want search the internet for the best price..
I knew nothing about dash cameras before I bought mine .Here is where I went to learned about them before I made my purchase.

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/pages/...m-buyers-guide