Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2023, 06:13 AM   #7
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
If the current owner has a loan on the camper, he is attempting to sell it at a higher value than it is actually worth. He's upside down on his loan. That means he owes more on the camper than it's currently worth.

Before making any offer, do your homework on prices. Search the internet and see what dealerships all across the country are listing their listed price for. Find the average and then offer the seller $10,000 less and see if they will nibble, (unless they are already starting out with a reasonable price.)

About that furniture? Most RV furniture is cheaply made and uncomfortablre anyway. We've had 2 different Keystone trailers now that had stand alone kitchen tables and chairs. In both trailers, the original kitchen chairs broke within the first 6 months of use and the remaining 3 were all replaced with something else.

Most Keystone RV's are installed with Thomas Payne furniture. Although it's designed for RV's, there are far, far too many posts about this furniture failing, fading, tearing, parts going bad, the electronics needed replaced after a couple years of use. I've been pretty happy with the Thomas Payne furniture in my current Montana, but I did have to replace one of the actuators on the love seat. That's the motor and arm that make it recline and the foot rest come out. That happened in the 2nd year of ownership.

So, in a way, having the furniture removed is a bitter-sweet advantage. It will save you the aggravation of having failed furniture, but it's not "original", so that is a determent to the camper.

Personally, if you are still interested in this camper, and you feel you can replace the furniture with something more suitable, then use that as a very strong negotiation point to knock off another 4 or 5 thousand and see where that may lead.

Just don't fall in love with this unit so much all you can is is think to yourself, if I don't get this one, I may not find another one out there, so better get the bird in hand, because who knows about the bird in the bush? If that is your mind set, be prepared to walk if the price does not line up with your researched prices.

In the end, it is your choice, your money, and you will have to live with your purchase. So, from the very, very beginning, that very first thing ALL of us have to accept and be happy and content with, is the purchase price of our RV's. If any of use feel we got the raw end of the deal, from the get-go, we are not happy with our campers, and from the get-go, we (and you) will never have an enjoyable experience with it. It's a mind set from the very, very beginning, and it all starts with the purchase price. Settle that in your mind, be content with it, and you'll be off to a wonderful start. If you have doubts, questions, or second guesses, you'll never really enjoy the camper. It will forever be bugging you, until the day you sell it yourself.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote