View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 02:33 PM   #1
2-stroke
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19837
FYI - Almost had a really bad day!

So we decided to upgrade to the Morryde IS with disc brakes before we left for Arizona for the winter and figured as long as we were doing this, might just as well get new tires. (Just a little background, we bought a 353RL new on Mother's Day weekend in 2017 and since, have put around 15,000 miles on it going back and forth to AZ for the winter and camping around home here in Michigan during the summer.) So I took Monty in (original name huh!) for new tires before taking to Elkhart for new suspension.
First tire we took off was this one!
Talk about dodging a HUGE bullet!
Don't think we would have made it very far from Michigan before we would have experienced a major problem! I had checked (or at least thought I had!) the tires when we got back from the MOC Rally and thought they looked pretty good!
This tire was on the driver side, rear, and the steel cords are showing on the inside of the tire.
From now on, I will inspect ALL the way around, with a flashlight, with the tire off the ground!
Normally I think I do a pretty good job at doing pre-trip inspections (thanks to driving over-the-road for several years!) and it just goes to show that even with experience, it's very easy to miss something!

BTW, these were the original tires from factory and have installed Sailun's 14 ply!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MontyTire2_compressed.pdf (189.8 KB, 95 views)
2-stroke is offline   Reply With Quote