View Single Post
Old 02-23-2022, 03:46 PM   #8
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
I took the time to send an inquiry to Lippert regarding the outrigger cracks.. specifically I was interested in their opinion on the small split tab at the end that slides over the main I beam..

These tabs will cracks at that I beam over a period of time.. I’ve attached a photo of what tab I am referring to for reference for others

The areas of concern for me would be the vertical welds and vertical span of the outrigger as well as the right angle bend where the outrigger mates to the floor extension for flooring support and wall supoort..

Anyway.. responses from Lippert …

Final responses received from Lippert regarding cracks on the outriggers..

Emails received from Lippert:

Hi Chuck, are these outriggers that are cracking all in the slide out areas?

Thank you,

David B.

Lippert Customer Care Center Representative
p: 432.LIPPERT | f: 574.534.7161
e: customerservice@lci1.com

My response to David’s email:

From the information I have available No.. One crack on that tab as I have shown is on a slide out underneath and another is forward of the slide out

Response received today:

Hello Chuck

thanks for the pictures. In answer to your questions, the outriggers are normally welded from the bottom up, common weld is about 1-2inches in length.

the pictures of the outriggers with the cracks in them, those should be replaced with new.

I would advise your friends to reach back out to us individually, so we can start cases for each individual trailer separately and review from there

Thank You

Paul W

What will I do if I see one of those tabs cracked? Nothing.

IMO.. if it’s just that little tab that is cracked then I wouldn’t worry.. there is zero structural value to the tab.. it’s that vertical section welded to the main beam that matters along with the right angle that mates against the floor extension that provides the extended floor support ..

**** If you have any cracks in those tabs, or anywhere on the vertical welds to the main trailer beam then contact Lippert and let the folks that built the frame provide you with their technical opinion
Attached Images

ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote