View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Does your Mountaineer have two hoses hanging below the belly very close together? If so, those are the low point drains, one on the hot line, one on the cold. If those freeze up into the belly it will stop the water flow. That happened to us on our 2003 Montana. The temporary cure is to use a hairdryer on them, laying on the ground under the rig, until the water flows. I tried insulating and taping them to no avail. Then I got some heat tape from Tractor Supply that is approved for wrapping around pipes. I heat taped those low point drains, covered them with insulation and then with duct tape. The next three winters those did not freeze again. I just left the tape in place all year long even when traveling.

Another possibility is your water lines are probably laying on the frame in side the belly. I'm assuming the Mountaineer has an enclosed belly? Same problem on our 2003. To solve that I used foam pipe insulation on all the water lines in the belly. And, of course, made sure the furnace ran occasionally to pump heat into the belly.

This is not a fun problem. Been there. I hope you get it straightened out soon.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote