View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #6
squaredave

M.O.C. #8072
Hi Folks,

Thanks for your response. Indeed, there are two low point drains poking through the underbelly. For the immediate future I'm thinking of setting up a small floodlight aimed right at those suckers.

There might be some fairly major work scheduled for the next reasonably mild weekend which is to get into the underbelly, possibly wrapping some of the water lines and adding a 1 1/2" furnace hose. I've GOT to get some heat to the back since both the black water and fresh water tanks don't seem to be getting any protection, neither by heat nor insulation. I don't want either of those puppies to freeze. We'll also check the existing furnace hose for damage or blockage. One thing for sure, there is heat getting to the water lines up front near the kitchen sink. The water runs warm there for about 5 seconds when the furnace is operating (which is most of the time these days).

As for the pump, it does work when things thaw out. When I have the freeze-up the blockage probably occurs between the inside water faucets and the pump. As far as it "knows," there's no demand at all, so it doesn't start.

Thus finishes my second post. Sorry about being in "whine" mode so early in the game.

squaredave is offline   Reply With Quote